Looking for an easy and delicious beef short ribs recipe? Look no further than this beef short ribs recipe oven recipe. Perfect for a winter meal, these ribs will leave you feeling satisfied and full. Plus, they’re packed with flavor thanks to the addition of some common pantry staples. Give this recipe a try the next time you’re in the mood for something hearty and flavorful! You won’t be disappointed.
- 1 Ribs Vs Short Ribs
- 2 Why You Will Love This Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven Recipe?
- 3 Ingredients For Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven
- 4 Instruction For Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven
- 5 Slow Cooking Instructions For Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven
- 6 Tips To Make Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven
- 7 What To Serve With Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven?
- 8 Instructions For Storage And Reheating Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven
- 9 Conclusion: Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven
- 10 FAQ: Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven
- 10.1 How long does it take to cook short ribs in the oven?
- 10.2 What is the best temperature to cook beef short ribs in the oven?
- 10.3 Should I boil beef short ribs before baking?
- 10.4 Do short ribs get tender the longer you cook them?
- 10.5 How long does it take to cook short ribs at 200 degrees?
- 10.6 How long does it take to cook ribs in the oven at 180?
- 10.7 Should I wrap short ribs in foil?
- 10.8 Should I wrap beef short ribs in foil?
- 10.9 How long does it take to cook short ribs at 250 degrees?
- 10.10 Should I soak short ribs before cooking?
- 10.11 How do you make beef short ribs not tough?
- 10.12 Is it better to cook ribs slowly or fast?
- 10.13 How do you tenderize beef short ribs?
- 10.14 What is the best temperature for short ribs?
- 10.15 Should short ribs be covered in liquid?
- 10.16 Should I flour short ribs before browning?
Ribs Vs Short Ribs
Beef ribs and beef short ribs are two cuts of meat that come from the same area of the cow, but they are not the same thing. Beef ribs are longer, with more meat on them. Short ribs are shorter and contain less meat. The fat marbling in short ribs also makes them more tender than regular beef ribs. Both types of ribs can be cooked in a variety of ways, including braising, grilling, and oven-baking. For this particular recipe, we chose to use beef short ribs since they are more tender and have a better flavor when cooked slowly in the oven.
Why You Will Love This Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven Recipe?
This recipe for beef short ribs is incredibly easy to make, and the results are delicious. The oven-baking technique ensures that the ribs cook slowly, leaving them tender and juicy. Plus, thanks to the simple marinade made of pantry staples like Worcestershire sauce, honey, garlic, and brown sugar, these ribs have an incredible depth of flavor. Serve these with a side of mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables for a complete meal that everyone will enjoy! Plus, this recipe can be made ahead of time and reheated for an easy weeknight dinner.
Ingredients For Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven
- 2 lbs beef short ribs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instruction For Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Place beef short ribs in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, mix together garlic, honey, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and smoked paprika until combined.
4. Spread the marinade over the beef short ribs, making sure to coat all sides.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 2 hours, or until the beef is tender.
7. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
We hope you enjoy this delicious beef short ribs recipe oven as much as we do! It’s sure to become a favorite in your household. If you are looking for more beef recipes, check out our other great ideas!
Slow Cooking Instructions For Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef short ribs on all sides.
2. Transfer beef short ribs to a slow cooker and spread marinade over them.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until beef is fork tender.
4. Serve with your favorite side dish and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this beef short ribs recipe oven as much as we do! It’s sure to become a favorite in your household. If you are looking for more beef recipes, check out our other great ideas! With the slow-cooking instructions, you can also cook these beef short ribs while you go about your day, making them a great choice for busy weeknights.
Tips To Make Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven
- Be sure to use beef short ribs for this recipe, not beef ribs.
- For a richer flavor, marinate the beef overnight before baking.
- If you’re using bone-in beef short ribs, increase the cooking time by 30 minutes.
- To ensure your beef is cooked through, use a thermometer to check the internal temperature. The beef is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
- Serve with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a salad for a complete meal.
What To Serve With Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven?
Do you know what side dishes go with this beef short ribs recipe oven? Here are some suggestions. These beef short ribs are delicious and served with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a side salad. They also pair well with creamy polenta, cauliflower mash, or wild rice.
Instructions For Storage And Reheating Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven
- Once cooked, store the ribs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- To reheat, preheat the oven or grill to 350°F (177°C). Place the ribs in a baking dish and cover them with foil. Bake or grill until heated through, about 10 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed this beef short ribs recipe oven. We know that once you make them, you’ll be sure to come back for more! Thank you for trying this delicious dish.
Conclusion: Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven
Hopefully, this article was helpful in guiding you through the process of making beef short ribs recipe oven. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them in the comments below. Thanks for reading at heartlandmiami!
FAQ: Beef Short Ribs Recipe Oven
How long does it take to cook short ribs in the oven?
Make delightful salt and pepper seasoned short ribs with ease by laying the delicious beef in a baking dish, nestling them close together then tightly covering it with foil. Pop into an oven preheated to 275°F for 3 ½ – 4 hours and enjoy!
What is the best temperature to cook beef short ribs in the oven?
For succulent beef short ribs, cook at a moderate 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. This is sure to bring out their flavorful juiciness and ensure the minimum safe internal temperature of 160°F (70°C).
Should I boil beef short ribs before baking?
With moist, full-flavored results in mind, it’s best to make the tough call of bypassing boiling and taking a slower approach with low heat. This gives you all the benefits without sacrificing flavor or succulent texture!
Do short ribs get tender the longer you cook them?
Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to cooking beef short ribs. By taking your time, you can effortlessly transform these succulent morsels into tenderly delicious treats!
How long does it take to cook short ribs at 200 degrees?
Ribs are a delicious grill-time favorite, and they can be ready as quickly as three hours! By carefully selecting the right temperature of 225 degrees Fahrenheit for cooking ribs covered or uncovered, you’ll enjoy your mouthwatering meal quicker than if cooked at any lower temperatures.
How long does it take to cook ribs in the oven at 180?
Enjoy succulent ribs with minimal effort by gradually increasing the oven temperature. Start at 135 degrees and patiently wait two to three days, or enjoy tenderness in as little 10 hours when cooking at160°F. For even quicker results – although not quite as juicy – opt for 170-180°F where preparation time is reduced to 6-8hrs!
Should I wrap short ribs in foil?
Wrapping your meat in foil during cooking can provide the perfect finish for a delicious dish. Not only does it limit excess smokiness, but also adds moisture and cooks faster, meaning you’ll be ready to serve sooner! For best results wrap after reaching an internal temperature of 150-160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Should I wrap beef short ribs in foil?
Our succulent beef short ribs are slow-cooked to perfect tenderness over 3 bones, taking around 8-10 hours of mouthwatering patience. To attain a delicious smoky bark without the wrap, just check their internal temperature at 170F after 6 hours and enjoy!
How long does it take to cook short ribs at 250 degrees?
Craving the tender, juicy flavor of beef short ribs? Fire up your smoker and get ready for a mouthwatering feast! Smoke them at 250°F until an internal temperature of 175 °F is reached – depending on the size it could take anywhere from 5-6 hours. To keep things simple, use a leave-in thermometer to monitor progress so you can watch time fly by while savoring this deliciousness.
Should I soak short ribs before cooking?
For mouthwatering, succulent ribs, start by submerging them in a bowl of cold water for two hours. Change the liquid during this time to rinse away any excess blood and guarantee delicious flavor. Finally, place your drained ribs into a pot or Dutch oven filled with boiling water to achieve that perfectly tender texture you crave!
How do you make beef short ribs not tough?
Short ribs are a full-flavored and unique cut of beef that requires slow, gentle cooking to bring out the best in them. Braising – browning with oil or butter then simmering slowly – turns shortribs into an irresistibly tender dish bursting with robust flavor; it’s no wonder why this technique is perfect for transforming these meaty morsels!
Is it better to cook ribs slowly or fast?
For a tantalizingly tender rib experience, grilling indirectly over low heat is the way to go. Keep it slow and avoid direct high-temperature flames for succulent results that will make your taste buds dance!
How do you tenderize beef short ribs?
Enjoy the peak of tenderness by grilling short rib steaks to an internal temperature of 130°F (54°C) – it’s just enough heat for intramuscular fat to soften without melting, leaving you with a juicy and succulent steak. Plus, slicing across the grain will ensure maximum flavor thanks to shortened muscle fibers!
What is the best temperature for short ribs?
Enjoy juicy, succulent beef short ribs with Thermoworks’ MK4 Thermapen. Simply measure the internal temperature of your dish until it reaches a toasty 200-205 degrees Fahrenheit and you’ll be ready for 6 hours in total if cooking at 225F or 5 hours if smoking at 250F!
Should short ribs be covered in liquid?
Keeping an eye on the liquid in your pot is critical. Make sure it isn’t too much; you want it to only cover the short ribs halfway – not submerging them totally! Boiling can have a detrimental effect, so keep a close watch for optimum results.
Should I flour short ribs before browning?
Add a light coating of flour to the ribs and then place them in your pot. Sear over high heat, transforming their exterior into an enticing golden brown color.
Chef Benjamin Faure : is the mastermind behind the menu at HeartLand Miami. His ever-changing culinary creations reflect the diversity and flavors of South Florida, and are sure to tantalize your taste buds. Chef Benjamin takes pride in preparing each dish with care and precision, ensuring that every meal is a memorable one. Whether you’re looking for a romantic dinner for two or a celebration for fifty, HeartLand Miami is the perfect place to indulge your senses.